Hey there! If you’re looking for some manga like Second Life Ranker also known as Ranker who lives a Second Time then you’ve reached the right place. Before going forward in this post, let us talk about the Second Life Ranker webtoon a little bit.
Ranker who lives a Second Time follows Yeonwoo who is searching for his lost brother. Soon he learns the truth that his brother has died. As he copes with his loss, he’s given a pocket watch and learns there’s more to his brother’s death: he was betrayed while competing in the Tower of the Sun God. Now it’s Yeonwoo’s turn to use the knowledge his brother left behind. Can Yeonwoo (call sign: Cain) navigate that world and gain enough power and experience to reach the top of the tower, defeating his brother’s enemies.
So these are the manga/manhua we would recommend if you are looking for something similar to Second Life Ranker.
1. The Live
- Chapters: 80+
- Genre: Action, RPG, Dungeons and Monsters
Synopsis: Half a year ago, Yun-jae Kim lost his wife and daughter in a car accident, and lives in despair day after day. One evening, his diary completely erases itself, leaving behind an ominous message: “you can see them again”. ‘The ‘Holy Grail’ is given to those who overcome the ‘game’ of ‘The World of the Backside’, and it is said that if you use it, you can reunite with your lost family … In the cruel world where only the strongest survives, Yun-jae becomes the only one who knows the future. Will he be able to fulfil his wishes?
- The protagonists in both stories are fighting for their family.
- Both follows a similar game-like fantasy system and
- Both MC are strong male charecters with special items and aren’t afraid to kill someone to fulfill thier goal.
2. Kill the Hero
- Chapters: 70+
- Genre: Time Travel, Action, Psychological
Synopsis: After he’s killed by the righteous leader of his own guild, Woojin gets a chance to start over. This time he’s not interested in saving the world from monsters—he’s got his sights set on revenge! His high-level kills quickly garner him notoriety among the game plebs, while boosting his stats as he masterminds his way closer to the top. But there’s something no one can figure out: whose side he’s playing for. Now that he knows how to play to win, Woojin will stop at nothing to destroy the hero!
- The main characters in both stories are set on revenge.
- Both have main characters wno have necromancy powers to rule over the dead while hunting in dungeons.
- The main characters are insanely overpowered and smart.
3. Solo Leveling
- Chapters: 160+
- Genre: Dungeons and Monsters, Tower, RPG, Action, OP Main Character
After the appearance of portals known as “gates” connecting the world of monsters to humans, a small portion of the population has acquired superhuman powers to defend against the monsters. The protagonist of the story, Sung Jin-woo, is a member of the lowest rank of hunters and is the weakest hunter in all of South Korea, barely stronger than a normal human. One day, he and some other hunters find themselves trapped in an extremely dangerous and rare dual dungeon, and only a few of them survive and manage to escape. Sung Jin-woo himself “dies” but manages to complete all the trials in this dungeon.
He then wakes up in a hospital and finds he has turned into a reawakened “player” who can now see an interface showing him quests, stats, inventory, store, and levels, along with the unique ability to grow exponentially stronger. Sung Jin-Woo begins on a quest to become the strongest hunter in the world and uncover the mystery of the world of monsters.
- The main characters in two series and insanely overpowered compared to rest of the characters but doesn’t make them boring.
- Both series have an amazing art style and similar story style.
- Both protagonist are known as solo clearers have necromancy powers.
4. Tomb Raider King
- Chapter: 250+
- Genre: Time Travel, Dungeons, RPG
Synopsis: God’s Tombs started to appear around the world. Due to the relics within these tombs, many were able to wield these legendary power for themselves, while others became enslaved to these users. However, a Tomb Raider appears with the purpose of robbing these relics. The Tomb Raider King. “God damn it! Did that bastard already loot this place as well?!” What you own belongs to me. What I own belongs to me. This is the story of a revived Tomb Raider who will do whatever he can to claim all the tombs and relics for himself!
- A vibrant cast of characters with amazing character development throughout the series.
- The Protagonist is Over Powered in different ways.
5. SSS-Class Suicide Hunter
- Chapter: 40+
- Genre: Time Travel, Towers and Dungeons, Action-Fantasy
Synopsis: In the mysterious, RPG dungeon-like Tower, Confucius Kim lives a mundane existence, envying all the star hunters. One day, his wish for more is granted with a legendary skill to copy others’ abilities… at the cost of his life. Before he can make sense of it, he’s killed by the #1 hunter, the Flame Emperor! But this activates his skill and now he’s copied a new one, the ability to travel back in time upon death. How will Confucius use these skills to outplay the competition and rise to the top?
- Both have main characters who are Smart powerful but not completely overpowered.
- Both protagonists have knowledge of future events.
- They both have an ability unique to them.
6. Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint
- Chapters: 70+
- Genre: World Turns Fantasy, Dungeons and RPG
Synopsis: Kim Dokja does not consider himself the protagonist of his own life. Befitting the name his parents gave him, he is a solitary person whose sole hobby is reading web novels. For over a decade, he has lived vicariously through Yu Junghyeok, the main character of the web novel Three Ways to Survive the Apocalypse (TWSA). Through Junghyeok, Dokja has experienced secondhand the trials of repeatedly regressing in time, in search of an end to life-threatening “scenarios” that force people to act out narratives for the amusement of god-like “Constellations.”
After reading 3,149 chapters—long after all other readers lost interest—Dokja finally resigns himself to the story ending. However, he receives an enigmatic message from the author, stating that the story will soon be monetized, before his surroundings suddenly go dark. He swiftly realizes that fiction has become reality and he is now living through TWSA.
Although he is the singular omniscient reader of the events yet to come, his success in the scenarios is not guaranteed—but perhaps his advantage will empower him to step into the protagonist role that never suited him before.
- Both protagonists have the knowledge of future events.
- Have similar artwork.
- They become the main characters of their own stories when are rewarded with a cheat.
7. Levelling Up With the Gods
- Chapters: 40+
- Genre: Overpowered Main character, Time Travel, Returner
He became stronger, faster than anyone else… but he lost. In the end, there was only despair for Kim YuWon. In his last moments, he was given another chance… Through the sacrifice of his comrade, his fate had not been sealed yet.
Returning back to the past, he attempts to climb the Tower again with his unmatched talent. To fight the ancient evils that threatens to destroy the Tower.
- Both webtoons features main characters who are overpowered compared to rest of the cast.
- Features similar setting with tower climbing and common RPG elements.
8. Tower of God
- Chapters: 600+
- Genre: Fantasy, Drama, Thriller
Twenty-Fifth Bam had been alone his whole life until he met Rachel. Now, however, Rachel is set on climbing the Tower, and she is willing to leave Bam behind to do so. After Rachel disappears in a veil of light, Bam follows her, vowing to ascend the Tower in hopes of meeting her again.
But the Tower is a dangerous place full of ancient secrets, fearsome monsters, and nefarious humans. Each floor is protected by an Administrator who puts the daring challengers through gruelling tests that will push them to their limits.
As he confronts Headon, the Administrator of the first floor, Bam learns that he is an ”Irregular,” someone who was not chosen by the Tower but was able to enter it on his own, an extremely rare event inside the Tower. Regardless of this revelation, however, his path forward is clear. Be it wealth, power, glory, or even reuniting with Rachel, all desires will be realized at the top of the Tower.
- Similar setting with climbing the tower story.
- Second Life Ranker has clearly taken lots of inspiration from Tower of God, since TOG is known as the One Piece of webtoons.
- The series also has an amazing anime adaptation with adapts its first season.
9. Dungeon Reset
- Chapter: 90+
- Genre: Action-Adventure, Into the another world, Weak to Strong
Synopsis: Dawoon’s ordinary life is turned upside down when he is summoned into the Dungeon, where he must play a deadly game, outlasting dangerous monsters and life-threatening traps. To make matters worse, he’s only a mere crafter with zero combat abilities. But after Dawoon falls into a trap and survives after a glitched reset, he’s gained random but oddly helpful skills. He’ll need to get creative to clear the game and return home, with a bloodthirsty assistant and an adorable ground squirrel along for the ride. Now that the rules no longer apply to him, what possibilities await in the tunnels below?
- Both stories follows similar systems and are pretty well executed and enjoyable.
- Amazing art style and great visuals.
10. I am the Sorcerer King
- Chapters: 140+
- Genre: Action-Fantasy, RPG,
Synopsis: 10 years ago, the monster horde from the rift formed from space and time started attacking the mankind. At the same time, people have started to awaken the power and began hunting the monsters for fame and money Lee SungHoon, in need of money because of his mother’s sickness, takes a dangerous job to help hunt those monsters four times a month by acting as a bait for the hunters But one day, he is heavily injured by a monster and remembers his past life as a sorcerer king ‘Huh? Did I just die?» ‘Wait, I was a Sorcerer King Kratraus in my previous life?’ With his past memories, SungHoon’s overpowered magic show begins.
- The main characters in both stories are crazy powerful.
- Both webtoons have an amazing cast full of vibrant charecters.
There are others also that are similar, But we found these to be far more similar to Second Life Ranker Let us know if you agree with our list in the comment section. Which one do you think is more similar to Ranker who lives a Second Time.